Jour 2 - Daizetsuzan Discover the largest national park in Japan
Jour 3 - Abashiri Visit the town and Ryûhyo-kan Museum
Jour 4 - Kawayu Onsen Hot springs
Jour 5 - Akan Visit the park and Lake Mashû-ko
Jour 6 - Kushiro Shitsugen Visit the Park
Jour 7 - Sapporo Visit the Clock Tower and Odori Park
The untamed wilderness of Hokkaido
Point forts selon votre spécialiste Japan
- Discover Hokkaido in a private car to explore the most secret places!
- Visit three national parks: Akan, Kushiro Shitsugen and Daisetsuzan.
- Observe unique flora and fauna in breath-taking scenery.
Pour toute personnalisation des jours de départ & d'arrivée, ou de la durée de ce programme, merci de contacter nos agents ou de laisser un commentaire dans la demande de devis.
Jour 1 | SapporoFree day to visit Sapporo Beer Garden and the Susukino district - voir le detail
Jour 2 | DaizetsuzanDiscover the largest national park in Japan - voir le detail
Jour 3 | AbashiriVisit the town and Ryûhyo-kan Museum - voir le detail
Jour 4 | Kawayu Onsen / AkanHot springs - voir le detail
Jour 5 | AkanVisit the park and Lake Mashû-ko - voir le detail
Jour 6 | Kushiro ShitsugenVisit the Park - voir le detail
Jour 7 | SapporoVisit the Clock Tower and Odori Park - voir le detail
Jour 8 | Osaka / LondonBack to UK - voir le detail
Détail du voyage
Jour 1 - Sapporo Free day to visit Sapporo Beer Garden and the Susukino district
- Take the bus from Osaka or Kyoto (depending on your basic tour) to Osaka Airport and fly to the town of Sapporo, on the northernmost island of Japan: Hokkaido.
- Arrive at Sapporo Airport, where you will be greeted by an English-speaking assistant who will help you take the bus to the town centre where you will find your hotel.
- Once you have settled in, the rest of the day is free so you can start discovering the city on your own.
- You can visit the Sapporo Beer Garden, the first Japanese brewery, built in 1876. It turned Sapporo into the Japanese beer capital and one of the most important beer producing areas in the world!
- Walk around Nijo market, where local delicacies are sold every day!
You can sample the local dish — Donburi Uni Ikura — a bowl of sea urchins and salmon roe on a bed of rice.
- Finally, in the evening, experience the bustle of Susukino district, one of the most lively districts in Japan, and enjoy its shopping street: Tanuki-dori. The atmosphere of its bars, neon lights and densely packed crowd is electric!
- Lunch and dinner at your leisure.
- Spend the night in the 4* Monterey Sapporo Hotel in Sapporo (or similar).
Jour 2 – DaizetsuzanDiscover the largest national park in Japan
- This morning, after having enjoyed breakfast at the hotel, you will meet your English-speaking guide, who will accompany you as you discover Daizetsuzan National Park in a private car.
- This Park was created in 1934 and is the largest national park in Japan. Its name means “Snowy Mountains” and refers to the five mountains that are over 2,000 metres high. The park is famous for its wild flora and fauna and houses rare species such as the last brown bears in the archipelago.
- You will stroll around the amazing scenery of the Sounkyo Canyon, a series of steep gorges, until you reach two incredible waterfalls: Ginga no Taki and Ryusei no Taki, that flow on either side of a cliff and are nicknamed “male waterfall” and “female waterfall”.
- In the evening, you will return to Sounkyo Onsen, a very famous spa resort in Hokkaido.
- Lunch at your leisure and dinner in your ryokan.
- Spend the night in the 4* Sounkyo Choyo Resort Hotel in Sounkyo (or similar)
Jour 3 – AbashiriVisit the town and Ryûhyo-kan Museum
- In a private car, you will go to the town of Abashiri, which, with its great lakes and the shores of the Okhotsk Sea, is a must-see!
- Visit Ryûhyo-kan Museum. The Okhotsk Sea is the object of studies and fascination, especially concerning the formation of the famous icebergs that float in it in winter. The water at the bottom is salt water but the water is less salty at the surface because of the fresh water from the Russian river Amur, which allows these glaciers to form from mid-January to mid-April.
Sadly, global warming threatens to bring an end to the atypical situation that makes this the southernmost sea on the planet where the waters freeze in winter!
- You can also visit the old penitentiary which was built in 1890 and was renowned as being the harshest one in Japan as it was made of wood and had no heating in winter when temperatures could easily drop to -20C!
- In the evening, you will have dinner in your ryokan.
- Lunch and dinner in your ryokan.
- Spend the night in the 4* Hokutenno Oka Abashiriko Tsuruga Resort Ryokan in Abashiri (or similar)
Jour 4 – Kawayu Onsen / AkanHot springs
- After having had a delicious breakfast at your ryokan, you will continue in a private car with your guide to Akan National Park and Kawayu Onsen,spa resort where you can swim in Ohtô River, into which the boiling waters of the volcanoes flow.
- Stroll around Lake Kussharo-ko, famous for its beaches of hot volcanic sand.
- You may even catch a glimpse of the local Loch Ness monster, called Kusshii, who is said to live on a small island in the middle of the lake.
- Enjoy the natural hot baths of Sunayu, that provide an amazing view of the Lake!
- Lunch and dinner in our ryokan,
- Spend the night in the 4* Kawayu Dai-Ichi Hotel Suikazura Hotel in Kawayu Onsen (or similar)
Jour 5 – AkanVisit the park and Lake Mashû-ko
- After a delicious breakfast, you will visit Akan National Park which houses many volcanoes, beautiful lakes nestled in calderas and vast, dense forests.
- You will stop to wander around Io-zan, a lunar-like landscape, with bubbling ponds and sulphuric clouds. You will marvel at these impressive geothermic phenomena!
- Then you will walk around the banks of Lake Mashû-ko, considered to be one of the most beautiful panoramic views in Hokkaido!
This crater buried at the root of sheer cliffs reveals an almost clear blue Lake, that holds the record for visibility at a depth of 35 metres because the water is so transparent!
- Have lunch and dinner at your leisure in your ryokan.
- Spend the night in the Ryokan Akan Yukunosato Tsuruga 4* in Akan (or similar)
Jour 6 – Kushiro ShitsugenVisit the Park
- This morning, you will discover Kushiro Shitsugen National Park where the largest marshlands in the world, the size of Tokyo, can be found.
- They house hundreds of different species of plants and birds, including more than 2,000 different kinds of animals and plants as well as the famous red crest Japanese crane.
- To enable you to view this extraordinary fauna, you will go to Kushiro Marsh, Kottara Marsh and Hosooka, the most renowned of the observatories.
- On a clear day, you can see Mount Shari in the northern part of the marshes and the Akan mountain range in the north-west.
- Lunch and dinner at your leisure.
- Spend the night in the La Vista Kushiro Hotel in Kushiro
Jour 7 – SapporoVisit the Clock Tower and Odori Park
- After having had breakfast in your ryokan, you will take the train to Sapporo, still with your English-speaking guide.
- Today you will visit the town of Sapporo: you will see the famous Clock Tower, one of the symbols of the town.
- Then you will stroll around Odori Park, a green corridor created in the Meiji period to prevent fires from spreading to the government district.
- In the centre of the Park, you can admire the former Court of Appeals that is now the Archive Museum.
- In the evening, you will take a flight back to Osaka.
- Lunch and dinner at your leisure.
- Spend the night in the 4* Granvia Hotel in Osaka
Jour 8 - Osaka / London Back to UK
- The day of departure has arrived.
- You will be taken by bus to Kansai International Airport-Osaka to take a scheduled flight back to London.
Notre sélection d'activités
Un condensé d'activités pour agrémenter votre voyage et vous laisser des souvenirs inoubliables. N'hésitez pas à consulter nos spécialistes pour plus d'informations !
Guided tour of the towns of Sapporo, Abashiri and Kushiro
Guided tour of the Akan, Kushiro Shitsugen and Daisetsuzan National Parks
Notre sélection d'hôtels
Voici les hébergements que nous vous proposons pour votre circuit. Ils sont communiqués à titre indicatif et pourront être remplacés par des hôtels de catégorie similaire.
Granvia - Osaka
Monterey - Sapporo
Choyo Resort - Sounkyo
Hokuten no Oka Tsuruga Resort - Abashiri
Kawayu Dai-Ichi Hotel Suikazura - Kawayu Onsen
Yukunosato Tsuruga - Akan
La Vista Kushiro - Kushiro
Bon à savoir
Hotels and meals
- If a hotel mentioned in the program is not available, a hotel in a similar category will be booked.
- The visits mentioned in this program are merely suggestions. Of course, you can allocate your free time as you wish and visit other towns near Tokyo and Kyoto apart from those mentioned in the itinerary.
- Most of the lunches and dinners in this tour are at your leisure to allow you can appreciate the diversity of Japanese cuisine according to your tastes and wishes. Please note that it is very easy to find food in Japan as there are many little restaurants offering a wide variety of dishes. Furthermore, simple, filling meals are inexpensive. Bon appetit!
Are you coming to Japan in winter?
Bring warm clothes as the winter temperatures in Tokyo are similar to those in Paris.
If you are travelling to the north of Japan in winter, to the west coast or to the Japanese Alps, bring clothes adapted to extreme temperatures since cold winds from Siberia often blow over Japan!
A real Northern experience!
Are you going to Japan in summer?
Please note that the weather will be very hot and humid! Pack your summer clothes but do not forget to bring an umbrella, especially in June and September, as well as warmer clothes for the cool evenings or for the north of Japan. Do not forget your sunglasses, hats and swimming costumes!
Are you going to Japan during the intermediary seasons: spring and autumn?
Do not hesitate to bring summer clothes (shorts, swimming costumes, T-shirts, light shoes) as well as winter clothes (umbrella, jeans, jumpers, jackets and closed shoes) as the temperatures are mild in the south of Japan but cooler in Tokyo and the north.
Are you stopping off in Asia on the way there or on the way back?
In this case, to avoid standing out in Hong Kong in your ski-suit or winter jacket, pack T-shirts, shorts and light shoes.
- Are you coming to Japan in winter?
International flights and stopovers in Asia
Depending on the period of travel, we have purposely calculated our prices with one of the partner airlines mentioned below so that you can always enjoy the best possible prices.
As soon as you ask us for a quote, we will select the cheapest company by default (depending on your dates of travel).
However, if you would prefer to fly with a specific partner airline or if you would like to stop over in a specific Asian city (among those mentioned below), please let us know!
Please note that the price will be adjusted accordingly.
Our partner airlines, which offer flights to and from Tokyo and Osaka:
- Asiana via Seoul
- Air France (nonstop flights)
- Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong
- Eva Air via Taipei
- Finnair via Helsinki
- Lufthansa via Frankfurt or Munich
Stopovers in Asia, Europe or the Middle-East, base price for 1 night, in a double room :
- Hong Kong, 3* Hotel + transfers + breakfast : from 45€ (about 37 GBP) per person
- Seoul, 3* Hotel + transfer + breakfast : from 60€ (about 50 GBP) per person
- Taiwan, 3* Hotel + transfer + breakfast : from 60€ (about 50 GBP) per person
- Europe, 3* Hotel + transfer + breakfast : from 90€ (about 74 GBP) per person
The untamed wilderness of Hokkaido
8 jours | 7 nuits
Kawayu Onsen -
Les clients ayant regardé ce voyage ont également regardé :
* Prix par personne et à partir de, sur une base 2 personnes